August 23, 2012 by thebookslayer
Feature & Follow # 4
Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where they each feature a fellow blogger, and ask a question, to be answered by anyone who wants to participate. We then hop around to other blogs, checking out their answers. It is a great way to get to know other bloggers.
Question for this week is…
Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you’ve read and loved?
Oh this is a good one. There are a few books that I loved but the cover did not do it justice. I usually add the line “Don’t judge this book by its cover.” in my review.
I think that more of the self-published books tend to have this problem which doesn’t help them in selling it.
My Number 1 Offender but a book that I Loved is…
A Ranger’s Tale by Mysti Parker
Recommend : Anyone who loves Fantasy mixed with an ex-pirate and a kick-butt main female character! It really is a must read!
* I have to say it. Galadin reminds me of Orlando Bloom. A Half Elf and an ex-pirate. It was actually really wonderful to have an excuse to daydream about him. You know you wanna do it. Let’s take a look….
Add That Too
This equals one Sexy Galadin!
So be honest who doesn’t want to read a book that gives you dreams of Orlando Bloom. I mean really is there anyone out there that wouldn’t enjoy that? Nope, didn’t think so.
Thanks for stopping by. If you follow me let me know so I can return the favor! Happy Friday!
18 & Over Blogger Follow #
Hosted by Crystal @ Reading Between the WinesEvery Friday hop along with your favorite 18 & over book bloggers! Just for the big-girl bloggers who love romance, erotica , man candy and everything naughty. Join the fun and find fabulous new book blogs to follow!
Question of the week is ….
Q : Please share with us five fun facts about yourself.
Okay I can do this… Got to get myself all worked up to this big moment or hilariousness. lol
1. I actually named my second son (middle names mind you) after two of my favorite characters in two different book series that both Hubby and I love.
Hint : Allie Beckstrom series by Devon Monk & Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep
2. My mom asked me about 50 shades and I told her that, that book was not for her. I refuse to talk about that book with parentals. It’s just … weird.
3. I may or may not have flashed my husband on our first date. o.O
4. I had Hubby buy me a Black Dagger Brotherhood book while stopping by Barnes and Noble on his Guys Out Night. lol He did it, Romance area and all. What a man!
Let’s be honest once you start reading them you just need all of them now!
5. My sister Jess and I got to our seats and sat down for the last Harry Potter Movie (opening night) at 7 pm. The kid/teen next to us was saving a seat for his mother. Sweet but oddly weird. We were expecting a girlfriend. It was a shock.
Talking about those funny moments. Have you seen this?
It’s True! How did Neville become the Hottest of them All?
I have no idea but it happened. Happy Friday Everyone!